What do I need to do to prepare for my appointment?
Please come to your appointment without any eye make up on. Ensure that your lashes are free and clear for all oil, dirt and residue. Additional cleaning of your lashes before your appointment may result in additional cost.
BEWARE! So many beauty spots and beauty professionals want to join in on the popular eyelash extension service boom, but many misrepresent the service they offer as eyelash extensions when it truly isn’t. If you book a service for “Eyelash Extensions”, make sure you know what you are getting. If you find a place offering this service for a really low price, often you are getting flares (otherwise known as tabs or clusters) or “individual” lashes (which are actually multiple lashes clumped together) not true eyelash extensions. As the old saying goes, “if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.” Do your homework and make sure the person you go to for this service is licensed and experienced. Remember it’s your eye’s you have a right to know.
How do I choose a style of lashes?
- Each appointment is custom to the client’s needs. If you have a specific request feel free to voice or even bring a picture of your liking. Please understand we all have different eye and face shapes and results may vary from person to person. Also the health, length and thickness of your natural lashes play a major role in the end result of your lash extensions. We do not cut lashes we use a variety of lash extensions to create desired looks.
What exactly is volume lashes?
Volume lashes consist of thinner lash than classic being applies in 2’s 3’s 4’s 5’s etc. This lash created a more feathered look and is also a custom procedure. These lashes are of a lighter weight so in some cases may be a healthier choice. Looks can vary from short to long; thin and wispy to full and thick.
Can I wear mascara with my lash extensions?
- With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely natural. One of the main advantages is never needing mascara again. However, if you must have the mascara look, please wait at least 24 hours before applying and only water based mascara can be used DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara along with any type of oil based mascara will dissolve the bonding agent and cause your lashes not to lash as long.
How do I clean my lashes?
Once your lash extensions have been applied and you have waited 24 hours before getting them wet you can wash then as normal. DO NOT use any oil base makeup removers. Your lash artist may have a special solution you can purchase which will aid in the life of your lashes by removing proteins and oil which naturally build up. You can pat them dry or use a blow dryer on cool to speed the process. It is very important that you maintain the health of your lashes by keeping them clean baby soap is a good alternative as it will not burn the eyes.
How long do lash extensions last?
- The length of time your eyelash extensions last can vary from client to client depending on the degree of care exercised by that individual. When applied properly lash extensions can last indefinitely. You will need a re-lash every 2 to 3 weeks. A natural eyelash falls off every 60 to 90 days on average due to the natural growth cycle and is naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. At any given moment, each of your natural eyelashes is at a different stage of its life cycle. A touch up is needed to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle.
Can I swim, sauna, hot yoga etc?
- Yes. The beauty of lash extensions allows you to shower, swim, exercise, sleep and spa worry-free.You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Please do not swim or spa for 24 hours after the procedure to allow the bonding agent to fully cure.
Are lash extensions safe and will they damage my natural lashes?
- When applied and taken care of correctly lash extensions are safe for long term use. Please take the guidance of your lash artist. All lashes are not created equally and this why each and every set will be custom to your wants in line with your lash needs. Damage can occur to your natural lashes if too much weight or tension is applied to your lashes. As with any hair most damage can be reversed as hair continues to grow. Any long term abuse can result in permanent damage. If your artist advises to go shorter or thinner please listen as this will be best for your lashes and continue long term wear. A lash conditioner or serum can also be purchased from your lash artist.
How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
- Do not wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms / saunas and swimming during that period.
Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water-soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use, although you will probably find that you no longer require mascara.
Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes. Baby soap or a cleanse designed for eyelash extensions can be used.
Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes and the sensitive skin around the eyes. Or you may use the brush provided for you.
Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want them removed contact an eyelash professional for removal.
Do not perm, tint or curl your eyelash extensions.
Book your next eyelash refill at 2 weeks - a maximum of 4 week intervals to maintain your lashes.
· After you shower you can gently dry & shape your eyelashes using your hair dryer on the cool setting. Hold the dryer at least 20 centimeters below your face and gently coax the eyelashes with your index
· When you shower, keep a towel in easy reach so that you can gently pat your eyes between washing and conditioning your hair. This saves you rubbing your eyes to clear your vision so that you can locate the conditioner.
· Use a lash conditioner or sealant to help maintain your lashes for longest wear.